Modern British Wood engraving DVD
Since the revival of the Society of Wood Engravers in the early 1980s, British wood engravers have led the world with their breadth of technical skill and design composition. For the first time, British wood engravers are captured in depth on film, exploring the medium throughout the entire process of producing of producing a print: developing the design, preparing the block, engraving techniques and different printing pratices, including colour.
The film looks at the wide application of wood engravings today including independent prints for exhibition, book illustration, fine art press and advertising. Other contributors to the film include the author Philip Pullam, Bankside Gallery and the Ashmolean Museum.
Main film: 45 minutes,
plus 10 x 10 minute conversations with ten featured artists:
Neil Bousfield, Simon Brett, Harry Brockway, Chris Daunt, Anne Desmet, Edwina Ellis, John Lawrence, Peter Lawrence, Miriam Macgregor and Hilary Paynter.
Between Ink and Paper Printmaking DVD
Printmaking with Catherine Kernan and Akua Inks
Between Ink and Paper is a remarkable document of Catherine Kernans creativity, skill, and above all, her eagerness to accept challenge and chance (clearly a lesson beyond art-making, but for all of life).
read more Roberta Waddell, Curator and Art Historian formerly Curator of Prints at The New York Public Library
The DVD Between Ink and Paper is 85 minutes with 16 Chapters
Caligo 'Safe Wash' Inks DVD
" My colleagues and I have enjoyed putting together this gentle introduction to the history, making and use of our innovative and vibrant range of inks for printmakers. We hope you find our story both entertaining and informative! Along with other suppliers to the growing world of non-toxic printmaking, Caligo is proud of the contribution it has made over the last three decades."
Safer Printmaking - Akua Demonstration DVD
Susan Rostow & William Jung take you through the steps for creating reductive, additive and viscosity monotypes with and without a press; Tung Hoang shows how to print a simple one-colour intaglio plate; david Jay Reed prints a four-colour photo-intaglio image and April Vollmer offers her expertise in traditional Japanese woodblock. Demonstrations on colour mixing, modifiers and unique monotype drawing tools are also included.
Lino Printmaking DVD
A step by step introduction to this popular form of printmaking. Presented by printmaker and illustrator Robert Gillmor.
- An achievable hobby undertaken at home, with minimal tools and materials to start with.
- Create your own unique designs.
- A traditional printing technique used to make stunning prints with bold colours and defined lines.
- Robert Gillmor is an internationally acclaimed artist, with credentials including RSPB, Royal Mail, and New Naturalist publications.
- Robert Gillmor has been creating Linocut prints since his childhood in the late 1940's.
- Easy step-by-step tutorial with clear chapters.
- Actions clearly demonstrated in a professional DVD.
- Can revisit the chapters at your own convenience.
- No time pressure or pace restrictions.
- Intuitive and descriptive chapters.
- Create personalised and unique gifts.
Reasons to buy this DVD
- Develop a relaxing new hobby.
- An engaging and captivating hobby.
- Focus your creative mind.
- Master a traditional print technique.
- Learn in the comfort of your own home.
- Learn at your own pace.
- No exams or assignments.
Collagraph Printmaking DVD
Using found materials with different surface textures to create a unique print, collagraph need not be expensive and is a satisfying skill to learn even for those with little or no printmaking experience. Presented by Alison Wagstaffe, a printmaker who specialises in the form, DVD demonstrates the versatility of the technique and how it can be used to create prints and gift cards.
Set of 3 printmaking DVDs
Save £10 when you buy the set of 3 printmaking DVDs including: Caligo Safe wash inks DVD, Lino Printmaking with Robert Gillmor and Collagraph printmaking with Alison Wagstaffe.