Our brick & mortar shop is situated in the heart of Hove's popular Portland Road shopping area. Fondly referred to as 'the Aladdin's Cave of art supplies' by our customers, our shop offers a vast range of materials from arts & crafts to stationary and everything in-between. When you are here, you are in a truly magical space with a welcoming vibe and shelves and shelves of inspiration.
Our staff members are working artists with an interest and knowledge in the world of art and materials, ready to give you advice on your current project.
208-212 Portland Road
Shop Opening Hours
Bank Holidays: may be open, please check with us
Click & Collect
Order online and select the 'collection' when chosing delivery options. You can also order over the phone, press option 1 for mail order.
- Minimum order: £20
- 48 hour service - will email you when the order is ready
- Collect during opening hours
What you can find supplies for
- painting (watercolour, oils, acrylics, gouache, poster colours)
- printmaking (relief, etching, screenprinting, solar printing, lithography)
- drawing (pencils, charcoal, graphite, crayons, pens, markers, pastels)
- studio & transportation (easels, portfolios, storage boxes, mounting equipment)
- craft supplies (modelling, fabric art, resin art, glass & ceramic art, guilding, papercrafts, chalk, decopage)
- books (art books, colouring books, instructional/educational books) and DVDs
- art paper (loose sheets, sketchbooks, pads and blocks) for all media
- stationery (notebooks, sketch diaries, writing instruments, sundries)
- gift ideas (art sets, vouchers, building kits, children's kits)
...and so much more to discover in person!
How to find us
From the West and the A27: Take the West Hove slip road onto the A293 heading south towards Portslade. After Sainsbury's, turn left onto the A270 (Old Shoreham Road), then first right at the traffic lights towards Portslade Station. After the level crossing turn first left into Portland Road. The shop is just over 3/4 mile on your right.
From Brighton seafront: Take the A2059 coast road west until the king Alfred swimming pool. Turn right (heading north) at the traffic lights into Hove street. Continue north through the traffic lights to the second traffic lights (now in Sackville Road) and turn left into Portland Road. The shop is 1/3 mile on your left.
Buses that pass the shop on Portland Road: 49, 46, 2. From Town Centre ask to stop at Scott Road. From the west ask to stop at School Road
The closest station to the shop and the warehouse is Aldrington (between Portslade and Hove Station).
Parking: we have a customer car park at the back of the shop which you are welcome to use
Accessibility: our shop has good accessibility with ramp access at the back from our customer car park.